Wednesday 17 November 2010

Silly goose

Well with Wallington up and running I had promised myself time to push on with ‘Along the Wall’ (snippet on my website) but things never work out quite as expected do they? Suddenly I’ve found myself short of work in outlets where I really need to have pieces. Yes, I LOVE it when my work is in demand but I’ve got music rattling round in my head that is bursting to get out and a little time to write would have been nice. Anyway, shoving my music software to one side I’ve picked up my brushes again. 

Anyone fancy a goose or two for Christmas? Working on a small scale, acrylic on canvas, I’m busy painting comical geese.  These particular birds live in a field beside Bardon Mill station. I’m sure that if you’ve ever alighted there that their noisy squawks will have assaulted your ears.  These geese would make a great present for a poultry breeder or enthusiast!

I’m also in the process of organising another exhibition for next year. As it will probably be summer 2011, I find I’m having to push aside thoughts of Christmas, long dark nights and freezing extremities and substitute images into my head of summer days and warm evenings. Not easy when your turning blue painting outdoors in a howling wind. The life of an artist!

I wouldn’t do anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment